Burning Hours and Regulations
Section 3-26-14 Regulating and Prohibiting Outdoor Burning. No garbage, wool, rubber, leather, plastic or refuse shall be burned outdoors at any time within the limits of this city.
(1) Definitions. For use within this ordinance the following terms are defined:
(a) Garbage. As used in this ordinance, the definition for “garbage” shall be the same as that established by Chapter 84 of this Code.
(b) Refuse. Refuse shall be defined as set out by Chapter 84 of this Code but shall exclude wood and lumber scraps and shall include all tar papers, non-wood shingles, and materials treated with creosote and other petroleum by-products.
Section 3-26-15 Outdoor Burning Regulations. No person shall allow, cause, or permit burning of combustible materials where the products of combustion are emitted into the open air without passage through a chimney or stack, except that open burning is allowed under the following circumstances.
(1) On Saturdays during the months of June, July and August from noon to 4:00 p.m.
(2) Seven days a week during all other months from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(3) A special outdoor burning permit that is signed by the City Administrator and/or Fire Chief for the burning of materials, other than household or business refuse or waste. These outdoor fires shall be extinguished by 4:00 p.m. The application must be submitted setting forth the special circumstances, which create a hardship by not allowing open burning. If said application is denied, an appeal can be filed in writing within five (5) days to the City Council. Action by the Council shall be considered final.
(4) Recreational fires including open fires for cooking, heating, social gatherings and ceremonies. Such fires must not be used for refuse or waste disposal and must be diligently attended.
No Comments »