Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
City Hall, Council Chambers
Monday, May 7, 2012 6:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Consent Agenda – April 16 Council Minutes
Bills & Receiving/Filing of Minutes From: Community Center –March 28
Library Board – March 27 & Committee/Whole –April 16
- Residents Comments
- Pizza Hut – Renewal of Class B Beer & Sunday Sales Permits
- Annette Hernandez- Nuisance Hearing 414 11th Street
- Wayne Bryant – Snow Removal Bills
- Resolution #12-5-1 of Necessity – Unpaid Snow Removal & Past Due Water Bills
- Set Date for Public Hearing – Delinquent Dog & Cat Licensing
- Animal Control Update – Jean Vopalka
- Consideration of Motion Approving MidwestOne Bank Request to Close 12th Street (From 8th Avenue to 9th Avenue) Sesquicentennial 150th Celebration - Kiddie Parade July 1, 2012 Starts at 4:00 p.m.
- Consideration of Motion Approving the Closing of 12th Street from 8th to 9th Avenue for Downtown Revitalization Project Ribbon Cutting on Monday, July 2nd from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Consideration of Motion Approving BPCDC (Lon Weber) Request for a $1,000 Contribution Towards the Sesquicentennial Laser Light Show to be Held on Tuesday, July 3rd.
- Consideration of Motion to Purchase a Commerative Sesquicentennial Plaque from American Laser Creations — $135.00
- Resolution # – Approving Partial Payment #14 Relating to the Downtown Revitalization Project to Garling Construction in the Amount of $190,009.50 with the City Paying $234.65 and the Balance of $190,009.50 to be Paid by Belle Plaine Community Development.
- Consideration of Motion Approving Design Committee Recommendation Authorizing a Façade Grant, not to Exceed $1,300, at 801 12th Street, Norgaard Law Office.
- Consideration of Motion Approving Design Committee Recommendation Authorizing a Commercial Interior Grant, not to Exceed $3,200, at 827 12th Street, Local Merchandise Store, Inc. Locally Known as True Value.
- Consideration of Motion Approving Design Committee Recommendation Aurthorizing a Commercial Interior Grant, not to Exceed $3,800, at 827 12th Street, BKBB Properties, LLC, Locally Know as True Value.
- Consideration of Requested Action on Clean-Up Day Petition.
- Motion Approving Mayor’s Appointment of Mitch Malcolm to the Historic Preservation Commission – Term Expires January 2014
- Mayor’s Appointment of City Councilperson to the Carol Sue Donovan Beautification Fund Board
- City Administrator’s Reports:
- Flushing Hydrants – Week of May 14th
- Downtown Revitalization Project Update
- Residents Comments
25. Old Business
Category: Council Agendas