Posted on August 17th, 2012 by kaye
Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
City Hall, Council Chambers
Monday, August 20, 2012 6:00 p.m.
- 1. Call to Order
- 2. Roll Call
- 3. Approval of Consent Agenda –
Council Minutes – August 6
Bills & Receiving/Filing of Minutes From: Airport Commission – July 5, 2012
- 4. Residents Comments
- 5. Open Public Hearing – 6:00 p.m.
830 12th Street Lot Seven (7), Block Seven (7)
- 6. Resolution #12-8-4 – Approving the Sale of 830 12th Street – Lot Seven (7), Block Seven (7)
- 7. Resolution #12-8-3 – Accepting the Work on the Belle Plaine Downtown Improvements Façade Rehabilitation & Streetscape Project and Approve the Payment to Garling Construction @ $175,768.80
- 8. Resolution #12-8-5 of Necessity
- 9. Belle Plaine Community Development Report – Board Member Sue Riherd
- 10. Police Department Report – Chief Hudson
- 11. Consideration of Motion to Reschedule Monday, September 3rd Council Meeting to Tuesday, September 4th.
- 12. Set Date for September Work Session
- 13. Consideration of Motion Approving Precision Sheet Metal Bid for Materials, Fabrication and Labor to Install 22 Handrails on the Metal Pedestrian Crossing Grates on 12th Street.
- 14. Consideration of Motion Approving Design Committee Recommendation Authorizing a Commercial Interior Grant, Not to Exceed $1,500, at 1208 8th Avenue, Wave Station.
- 15. Consideration of Motion Approving Design Committee Recommendation Authorizing a Commercial Interior Grant, Not to Exceed $1,600, at 920 12th Street, Zahradnik Law Office.
- 16. Consideration of Motion Approving Historical Society Request to Close 12th Street Between 9th to 10th Avenue from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, August 25th for Tippie Museum Annex Dedication.
- 17. Consideration of Motion Approving Knights of Columbus Request to Sell Tootsie Rolls at the Intersection of 7th Avenue and 13th Street from 8 a.m. to Noon on Saturday, September 8th.
- 18. Consideration of Motion Approving Belle Plaine Community Development Corporation Request to Close 12th Street Between 8th to 9th Avenue from 5-6 p.m. on Wednesday, October 31st.
- 19. Consideration of Motion to Partner with BPCDC for the Contracting of a Laborshed Survey to be Conducted by Iowa Workforce Development.
- 20. Residents Comments
- 21. Correspondence
- 22. Old Business
- 23. Closed Session: Iowa Code 21.5(1)(j) – To discuss the purchase of particular real estate where premature disclosure could be reasonably expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for the property.
- 24. Closed Session: Iowa Code 21.5(1) (i) – To discuss the professional competency of an individual whose performance is being considered.
- 25. Adjournment
Category: Council Agendas