RESOLUTION # 12-7-6
RESOLUTION FOR TEMPORARY OUTDOOR WATER USE RESTRICTIONS
FOR ALL POTABLE WATER CUSTOMERS OF THE
CITY OF BELLE PLAINE
WHEREAS, due to the current drought conditions the City’s five shallow wells have dropped below what City Staff consider a comfortable level.
BE IT THEREFORE RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF BELLE PLAINE, IOWA, that the following outdoor water use restrictions be placed upon all its potable water customers and shall take effect immediately upon approval of this resolution and may be extended, rescinded or altered by the Mayor at anytime as conditions dictate:
1. All potable water customers are not allowed to water lawns, unless it is new sod which can be watered once per week during the hours of 8:00 p.m to 8:00 a.m.
2. All potable water customers north of the railroad tracks may water gardens, flowers, and new trees (planted within the last three years) between 8:00pm to 8:00am on Monday and Thursday.
3. All potable water customers south of the railroad tracks may water gardens, flowers, and new trees (planted within the last three years) between 8:00 pm to 8:00 am on Tuesday and Friday.
4. No outdoor water usage on Saturday beginning at 8:00 a.m. until Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
5. All motor vehicle washing, including watercraft and motorcycles, is prohibited at all times except for commercial car washes and service station facilities.
6. All sidewalk, driveway, patio and/or parking lot washings are prohibited except to alleviate immediate health or fire hazards.
7. First time violators of the temporary outdoor water use restrictions outlined above, and as maybe altered in the future, will receive a verbal warning, a second violation will receive a written warning, a third violation and any and all violations thereafter will be addressed by the City Code of Ordinances.
Passed and approved the 26th day of July, 2012.
Updated by Mayor Dave Fish on April 25, 2013.
Updated by Mayor Dave Fish on August 26,2013