Belle Plaine City Council Meeting
City Hall, Council Chambers
Monday, February 3, 2014 6:00 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approval of Consent Agenda – Council Minutes – January 20 & 22 & Bills
Receive/File Minutes – Committee of the Whole January 20 & Library Board – December 17
- Residents Comments
- Public Hearing on Entering Into General Obligation Loan Agreements for Funding of Hanson Building Project and Downtown Revitalization Project.
- Consideration of Motion Approving Resolution #14-2-3 Authorizing a Loan Agreement and the Future Issuance of General Obligation Corporate Purpose Bonds and Providing for the Levy of Taxes to Pay the Same
- Consideration of Motion Approving Debt Schedule for General Obligation Loan
- Consideration of Motion Approving Resolution #14-1-1 Releasing the Iowa Hotel Demolition Project 5% Retainage in the Amount of $5,270.00 and Directing Payment to Lansing Brothers Construction.
- Consideration of Motion Approving Resolution #14-2-2 Authorizing City Clerk to Publish Notice of An Environmental Determination of No Significant Impact in Regard to the Wellfield Electric Project Being Located in a Floodplain/Wetland.
- Consideration of Motion Authorizing the City Clerk to Publish Notice of Hearing and Letting on the Hanson Building Restoration Project, 807 12th Street
- Consideration of Motion Approving Resolution #14-2-1 Amending the Intergovernmental Agreement Creating the Benton County Solid Waste Disposal Commission.
- Discussion on City Sidewalk Snow Removal Program and Camera Documentation
- Consideration of Motion Approving Renewal of Class B Wine and Sunday Sales Permit for Dollar General
- Consideration of Motion Approving Renewal of Class C Liquor, Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales Permit for Belle Plaine Country Club
- Consideration of Motion Approving Renewal of Class C Beer, Class B Wine and Sunday Sales Permit for Country Foods
- Consideration of Motion Rescheduling February 17th (Presidents’ Day) Council Meeting to February 18th.
- Set Date for Budget Work Session – Wednesday, February 5th, 5:00 p.m.
- Discussion on Hiring Process for City Clerk and City Administrator
City Administrator Reports:
1) Budget FYE 2014-15 Update
2) Main Street Iowa Training in BP – Tuesday, February 4th, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
3) BPCDC Business Expo – Friday, February 7th, 5 – 9 p.m. & Saturday, February 8th, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. @ American Legion
4) Scott County Economic Development Conference – Thursday, February 13th, 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. in Davenport
20. Residents Comments
22. Old Business
Category: Council Agendas